Sunday, April 13, 2008

What a week! (and I don't mean that in a good way!) We started out last Sunday with Alli getting a nasty case of diarrhea that had her missing two days of school, and I washed my cell phone in the laundry. (The cell phone was not a catastrophe, just a major annoyance. It now only works when plugged in directly to power - the battery connection is shot.) I took Monday off to stay home with Alli, and she had developed a severe case of diaper rash due to the diarrhea, so I spend most of my day giving her a shower/bath rather than trying to wipe her. She was a miserable child! I also paid for my day away from work! I was absolutely buried when I went in on Tuesday.....and...I had a migraine from Monday night through Friday night - I could not get it to go away! This was also a pretty busy week just keeping up with the kids! AJ had soccer practise on Monday and Thursday, Scouts on Tuesday, I had a "call me" note in Alli's backpack on Thursday from her teacher (it is never good when you have to talk to the teacher!) By Friday afternoon at work I was ready to jump over the railing! (We had another conversion - this time for the on-line banking program, and the new one doesn't like loans at all!) Luckily for me, Saturday was the first day I woke up without the migraine! Yay!


I had a hair appointment at 8:00 on Saturday (I now have blond highlights! Cool!) and Alli had a game at 8:30, so Ralph and AJ took her in to her game, and I had my hair highlighted and then did the shopping. I got home in time to do a few "projects" and make up some potato salad for dinner, and then I took AJ to his game at 3:30. We got home at 6:00, and Larry and Pat were already here for dinner. Saturday was way too busy! AJ lost his game, too. It was our first "warm" day, and it was pretty warm sitting out there in the sun for two hours watching him. (and it wasn't even that hot - just in the mid-80's!)

AJ is going to his first Prom this next weekend. Alli's daycare provider's daughter Marie is taking him to her Jr. Prom. Marie is Autistic, but fairly high functioning, but still not quite up to speed in the social realm. She wants to go, but doesn't have anyone to take her, so....last fall her parents asked AJ if he would go with her if she didn't have a date. They took AJ out last Friday after school and took him to rent a tux (Marie said he looked "hot" in a tux.) They are paying for everything, since he is only going because they asked him. Luckily, he doesn't look 15! He was measured in PE the other day - he is now officially 6'2", and 135 pounds. He has grown 3 inches and put on 15 pounds since October, when they measured him last in PE. Good Grief! Now we just have to get him used to his extra inches.


Alli actually seemed to enjoy her game this weekend. Check out that grin! Ralph said the only time they had issues was when AJ got between her and the Skittles, and she got mean!

I finished up a small little doily last weekend, and did not even get a picture of it posted. (The migraine just really messed with my time!) This one is just over 10 inches across - very cute! The next to last row was a new technique for me - lapping over the prior row - it gave it a very nice look!

No comments: