Sunday, April 27, 2008

Just call me "spot". I very carefully (though not carefully enough, it seems) put on sunscreen before I went to AJ's game yesterday. I have a spot on my upper arm I missed, an streak by my watch that I missed, and a spot on my knee, and inside leg that are very pink where I didn't get sunscreen on. The sunscreen I used in the morning on my face (before Alli's game) didn't last through the day, so my face is nice and pink too. It was beautiful weather - low 80's with a slight breeze - and I thought I was ready for the sun!

Alli was up at 5:30 this morning. It figures - I have to wake her up on weekdays at 6:15 to get ready for school, and she wakes me up early on the weekends. I stayed up too late last night watching the end of a Harry Potter movie (like I haven't seen it before, and don't have it on DVD!) so it was a bit tough to drag myself out of bed when she got up. Only the thought of what she would get into if I ignored her got me up! No time for a nap today either! Ralph's cold is really knocking him out, so unless I get AJ to watch Alli for me, no nap for me!

I think I will have AJ help me unload mulch for me instead of babysitting for me - so I can get the truck unloaded. I was seriously thinking of going to church today, but....I may skip out. I picked up some more tomato plants and cucumbers yesterday, and need to get them in the ground, as well as get a start on the weeds that are growing in the garden and get the mulch unloaded. I also have a few things I need to work on at the bank that I have not had time to touch during the week, so I have a couple of hours scheduled at the bank today too. There is just not enough time anymore!

Alli should be fueled up for a while. I took a break from writing, and fixed breakfast. She had two waffles and a couple of eggs! I haven't made waffles in quite a while, and she was quite excited when I pulled out the waffle iron. She didn't even complain that it took so long - she watched every step I took very carefully! I don't think I am allowed to miss a step - she is watching so close. I don't know if she thinks it will hurry me up if she watches, or so that I do a good job, but she is on constant vigilance when I am cooking. She hates it when I cook something that I don't have to watch - like soup. I should be in the kitchen every day from 6:00 to 7:00, cooking! I have taken to staying in the kitchen even if I don't need to be so she is a bit more relaxed. I just took a peak at Alli, and the early morning and waffles may be getting to her - she looks like she is ready for a nap!

No comments: