Friday, March 28, 2008

We had some success today! Mom came in on Thursday and we tackled the front side yard. We got quite a bit done, but I forgot to take pictures before we started. I did take pictures after we got it cleaned up some. I don't have pictures of it planted yet, either. Those will wait until tomorrow. What you don't see is the plant we dug out - a Lady of the Nile that was huge! It was in front of the boulders on the left. Luckily, I was the only one that fell on my butt digging it out! We also did some major trimming on the tree/bush in the right corner, and took out three Margarita bushes in the front of the house that were pretty sad looking.

We put in a Potato Flower Vine in the left corner, a Delphinium on the left side, near the front, a Lavender plant by the rocks in the front center, a white Poppy in the center back and white cosmos scattered around as well. I am looking at a garden planted mainly in blues/purples and white.



Here are some of the plants we dug out/cut out.




The front of the house - minus the Margarita bushes. We planted a couple of Bleeding Hearts there in their place. Mom suggested Hostas as well, but they aren't out in the nursery yet.
We did get about $100 worth of plants in the ground, and I have a few more to go in, but I ran out of enthusiasm. I have a dozen hollyhocks to plant against the back fence, and some snapdragons to plant around the yard, wherever bit more color is needed.

No comments: