Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Vacation time! I am feeling guilty, but...I am on vacation! I put it off one day as it was - I worked yesterday, because I left too many things "undone" on Friday. It took me all day to clear my desk off from Friday, not counting what went on it new! More conversion computer issues keep raising their nasty little heads. We found a couple of new ones yesterday afternoon, so we will see what solutions come out of them in my absence!


The kids and I went to Susanville for Easter - gorgeous weather! Mom and I were wondering if we were going to have to hide eggs in the snow this year, since Easter was so early. The week before, they got an inch of snow, but it did melt before we got there. As it turned out, we didn't hide any eggs! AJ didn't want to play, and I know Alli wouldn't, unless we put candy in plastic eggs for her to find.


Alli had a great day on Saturday at Mom's. She started getting cranky, and wandered outside for a while. She played out on the deck and patio for quite a while, spinning and rocking. When she came in, AJ had "borrowed" the TV in her absence to play his games, so she sat down and watched him play for well over an hour. She went upstairs and played on the beds, and did all sorts of self entertaining things - very unusual for her! On Sunday, though, she was back to her normal cranky self, including a major temper tantrum. I was hoping she would wear herself out enough to nap on the way home, but no such luck.



Here, AJ is giving Alli her Pokemon toy the Easter bunny left her, and on the right, is Alli saying - "No, Thank you - no toy for me." She did eventually play with the toy, but not right away. Funny girl!


What she did like was the jelly beans I left on the table for her. She tried a chocolate covered marshmallow bunny, but the jelly beans were more her style! Of course, the puppies got treats from the Easter bunny too!



Mom had a ton of finches on her seed bags, and here is Dad napping (or trying to) with Alli on the couch with him.

Rachelle loved her basket I brought her, including the bubbles. The doll clothes were a hit with the adults, too - we dressed Barbie in them, while Rachelle was out playing!




Soccer season has started - here are pictures of AJ at practice.

No comments: