Sunday, February 03, 2008

It looks like today is clear to partly cloudy! I guess all the wind last night blew the rain away. It was howling last night! Ralph was worried we would loose power again (though he probably secretly wanted it to go out so he could play with our new generator!) Last weekend, he bought a lightly used generator, about the size of the one we borrowed when we lost power. He wants to eventually get a big generator, powerful enough to run the entire house, including the well, and hard wire it in so it kicks on when the power goes out automatically. He priced it out, and just the generator and parts works out to about $3,000.00. We agreed to buy a used generator ($325.00) until he can start working on that project. Personally, as often as we have to use a generator, the $325.00 will work just fine!

Yesterday I signed AJ up for Spring Soccer with the Redding Youth Soccer League. He didn't make the school team last fall, and the head coach encouraged him to play spring soccer to hone his skills for the next season. Practices should start around the end of February, and the season runs up until the end of May. What fun! I am thinking of starting an afghan project to do while I wait at practices and games. I have a cute granny square project picked out, and the squares would be a nice, easy portable project! (I "only" have to make 600 of them!) Hmmm......

I made 12 of the heart bookmarks yesterday - ready for Valentine's Day. I still have to put the tails on them - I starched them last night, so they will be ready to finish up today. I will probably make a few more - they work up very quickly!

No comments: