Monday, January 07, 2008




Well, I've been lagging! I noticed that my last post was 12/31! I had good intentions to post this weekend, but Mother Nature had different plans. We lost power Friday morning, and did not get it back until Sunday night at 5:45. (We were lucky - I just spoke with my sister, and she won't even have an estimate of when she will get power until Wednesday!) We did manage to borrow a generator, so we were able to have heat and - even better - a TV for Pokemon! (You try to explain to Alli that the power is out - she just thinks you are being mean and won't turn on the TV for her!) We lost power because a power pole snapped at the base from the wind - we had gusts of up to 82 MPH at the Airport (and we live less than a mile away!) We have great neighbors around here though - everyone seemed to be doing okay. Ralph got some good pictures for me, and talked to everyone in the neighborhood while he was at it. We did loose out cherry tree - but it wasn't much of a loss - most of it was dead, which is probably why it snapped!






I did get the chance to finish up a new doily (crocheting by candlelight!) This one is about 22 1/2 inches across.

No comments: