Monday, December 31, 2007

I think I have finally shook most of the cold bug - but now Ralph has it! I did finally get around to some projects I wanted to do before Christmas but just didn't have the energy. Now - to get to the projects I wanted done before New Years (Like take the tree down and un-decorate the house!) I hate feeling tired all the time!
AJ had his first experience with snow sports this weekend - the scouts went up to Mt Shasta. AJ tried snowboarding for the first time. We didn't get off to a good start - I slept in just a bit too late, and had to rush, and then AJ was still half asleep, and forgot to get everything, including the directions to Dave's house (the scout leader taking him up), so we showed up just at the right time (I am awful - I hate to be late - for anything - and am always early - if it involves driving - like to Sac or something, I am always 30 to 60 minutes early.) We got to Dave's and were standing around waiting for the other kid to show up (he was a half-hour late!) and AJ told me his boots were too small! If I hadn't asked him several times in the last two weeks if he had all the gear he needed, and everything still fit (since he has grown so much lately) it would have been different! He also didn't have his cell phone with him. (Dave doesn't have a cell, and was counting on AJ to have his to keep in touch with the rest of the group.) Needless to say, I drove home shoeless (I was wearing boots that are AJ's size, so he took those, and the ones he had were too small for me!) and with no cell phone. If something had happened - like a fender bender or a flat tire - AJ would be dead! I think all those years of skateboarding and now the new rip stick (he got one of his own for an early birthday present!) really helped him. He had a blast, and the first words out of his mouth when he got home were "Mom, we have to do this again!!" I may be spending a few days up in the lodge in Mt. Shasta!
While I was still feeling puny - I finished another doily. This one is only about 9 inches across, so it didn't take very long.

No comments: