Sunday, November 11, 2007

Talk about a false alarm! Alli woke up this morning at 5:30 - laughing, talking, playing, clapping her hands, etc., so I thought "It's going to be another early day around here!" (She was up at 5:00 a.m. yesterday!) So I got up, started the fire, started the coffee, checked my e-mails, etc., and the stinker didn't get up yet! She is still playing in her room - I could have slept in for another 30 minutes or so! Oh well, I am up!

It rained all day yesterday, so I got very little done - I watched movies and crocheted! I did get the weekly shopping done, the house vacuumed and dusted, the kitchen cleaned etc., so I guess I was busier than I thought! I guess I should say "I even got some crocheting done, too!" instead of saying I didn't get anything done!

Dinner, on the other hand, just didn't want to play last night. I seem to have too much milk on hand, so I decided to make cream of potato soup. Then, since it was raining, I decided to bake fresh bread to go along with the soup. I dug my bread machine out of its hiding place (I haven't made bread in a long time!), and started a batch of bread. When I walked by a half hour later - the machine had turned itself off! I started it again, and everything seemed to be working, and then an hour later - it was off again. I started it one more time, and this time it cooked through the whole cycle - I have very pretty bread - that was ready at 8:00 last night! (Dinner was at 7:00) The soup didn't go as planned either - the recipe calls for dried dill - so I added a spoonful to my simmering pot - and the dill was full of bugs. Yuck! I started over from scratch! Two tries for soup and three tries for bread! The soup turned out "marvelous" according to Ralph - I had no left overs! Even Alli ate it. I have a request for more soup, so we may have a repeat for dinner later in the week! Thanks to Dad, I have lots of potatoes!

No comments: