Saturday, October 13, 2007


I made one more addition for the bathroom. I purchased an expensive (for me!) lotion dispenser for my hand soap, and it doesn't work. I assume it is because the soap is a lot thicker than lotion! I bought a soap dispenser today (it foams the soap) and I crocheted a cover for it using some new Christmas yarn that is red and gold. It turned out pretty good - the color could be a bit more rust, but it works!

AJ is at Camp Lassen this weekend with the Order of the Arrow for their Fall Fellowship. I took him down on Friday night, and I was glad I had on a jacket! I don't know what the elevation is for Camp Lassen, but it is about 20 minutes drive up the hill from Chico. The smells of the camp were great - wood fires, crisp autumn air, pine trees! I was ready to stay! Then I walked in to a room full of teenage boys, and decided I could just breath deep outside, and go home! I don't know how many boys they were expecting, but one mom I talked to was from Sacramento, so they were pulling from a wide area.
I took some pictures at his last meeting - they were working on first aid - and making real looking cuts. I know the boys had more fun playing with the fake blood than they possibly learned about first aid! The last picture is after they got a lecture about goofing off and wasting time.

No comments: