Sunday, October 14, 2007

I finished a new doily last night, and it is in drying right now. I am not a happy camper. I had it done except for about half a row, and the dogs came rip-roaring through like a herd of turtles. Jasper came over to see what I was doing, and when she turned, she knocked over my glass of wine - all over me, with splashes on the doily. I figured - no big deal, I'll just wash it out. No deal. It stained the doily. So......I went ahead and finished it, and then...it wouldn't iron out nicely. The center is slightly larger than the outside. So...I spritzed it with water and pinned it out. Except....it is large than the board I have for pinning my snowflakes. I then took some bleach and touched up the areas that were stained. I pinned most of it out last night, and then this morning, I turned it 90 degrees and pinned the other half out and starched it. While I was doing that, I noticed that the wine stains were gone, but....the bleach ran, and "touched up" more than just the wine stains. One area of the green rows is now white as well. So....I got out my food coloring, and a paint brush, and I painted that sucker! The color match is pretty good, but it is noticeable, if you look. This will definitely be a doily that I don't give away! I will get pictures up as soon as it dries, and you tell me if you can see my problem areas!

I won all three bids I had up on e-bay for Alli's Pokemon books. I have 15 books coming! Since most of hers are now "well loved", not to mention shredded, they will be a welcome addition for Christmas! Since that is about all she likes, that will be about all she gets for Christmas - maybe with a few clothes thrown in. I usually make something for the kids, too, but I don't know what this year. Last year it was blankets. Maybe I will get some light sweat shirts and embroider them for her. She doesn't care what she has on, but other people like them!

Fall is definitely here! I need to take a picture of our neighbor's tree. It is gorgeous! It is bright yellow. Our sycamore's leaves just turn brown and fall off. Lots and lots of them fall off. For months, lots and lots of them fall off. We usually mulch the leaves into the garden area. Walking around the subdivision, you can see so many trees with autumn leaves! I think Koori and I need to take a walk today, along with the camera!

No comments: