Saturday, September 01, 2007



So much for sleeping in on the long three-day weekend - Alli was up at 5:00 this morning! I have to wake her up during the week at 6:15 to get her up for school, but when I can sleep in, she is wide awake! Luckily, she is very happy in the morning, so I don't mind (much) getting up with her.
I visited her classroom yesterday, and I am not happy! She has a new teacher, old classroom, and the teacher has almost no supplies! The GREAT Partnership "created" this classroom, but did not get the teacher set up completely. Added to that, the campus changed from a standard school to a charter school, and the charter school doesn't want anything to do with the Special Class, including sharing any supplies (even the photocopier!) with them. The head of the GREAT Partnership is actually in the hospital, and has been for over a week, so that is probably the main problem. I think they can get it going and make it work well, it just isn't pretty right now. The teacher is optimistic, anyway. I'm not too sure I am, but we will see.
I finished a new doily - done in 20 weight thread, and it turned out about 16 inches across.

No comments: