Sunday, September 23, 2007

My bathroom floors are now clean! Of course, they got cleaned at 3:30 this morning, so I am not a happy camper! I evidently was sleeping too hard. Alli got up around 3:25, and went into the bathroom, turned the water on, plugged up the sink, and proceeded to play in the water. By the time I woke up enough to realize that it was not a "normal" or even a "good" sound, there was water everywhere! I got her dry, the floors dry, the counters dry, and Alli back to bed. She then let me sleep in a bit this morning, to make up for the hassle I think, as it is 6:45, and she is just now stirring. The dogs wanted out at 6:30, so I got over an hour's extra sleep!

Yesterday did not go as planned - surprise, surprise! The "plan" called for taking AJ to Anderson for a flag ceremony for the scouts at 7:00, going grocery shopping, and then going to my company picnic for a BBQ lunch. Instead, we went to the flag ceremony - which the boys did very well, if I say so myself! (AJ was highest ranking scout there, so he got the announcer's job "Color Guard - post the colors", etc.) Then, instead of the whole family going to the BBQ, AJ and I went out to Nash's Pumpkin Patch to help them get set up. According to Mary Nash, the scouts signed up a month ago to work this weekend. According to AJ, they were going out in two weeks. I am sure Mary is right - the Pumpkin Patch opens the weekend the scouts have down to work, but the word didn't make down through the scouts. AJ got a call Friday night, and tried to round up some scouts to help, but calling on a Friday for help on Saturday is pretty futile. We managed to get one other scout for about an hour and half, and then he had a prior commitment. So, it was AJ and I, and another Scout Leader and his 5 year-old grandson (who was afraid of dogs, and the Nash's had the cutest 5 month old puppy that thought that Bryce was just the right size to play with!) We got some work done around the ranch for them, but not as much as Mrs. Nash had planned on, thinking she would have a full patrol of scouts. I never made it to the company picnic! Probably just as well - Ralph has a cold, so he would have been grumpy if he went! (Of course, he is grumpy even if he didn't go, he just isn't around anyone!)

No comments: