Thursday, September 20, 2007

Koori and I went for a walk today, and we made it all the way around the block! This is my second try at walking her. The first time, I made the mistake of having AJ take Jasper on a walk at the same time. After making it just two houses away from home, I sent AJ and Jasper on their way, and Koori and I turned around and headed back toward the house. We did make it up to the corner, but not easily. Koori is very shy around noises, and every time a car came by, she shied away. She even scared herself by stepping on a leaf. She got so freaked out, she was doing back flips when she hit the end of the lead (I had her in a harness.) This time, I went out with just us, and she was much better. She is still very scared of cars, but I think even this will improve. It is just going to take practise! (Yes, that means I will have to take a walk every day!)
Here is a new doily - Eyebright is the name of it, and it is about 13 inches across, done in white 20 weight thread. I need to look into getting more 20 and 30 weight thread - I like the looks of the doilies after they are done with the thinner thread rather than the size 10.

No comments: