Sunday, August 12, 2007


Ronna took 6 of my doilies with her, but she may have wished she waited! I finished up this light blue one (the color didn't show well in the picture - sorry!) over the weekend! It is about 18 inches across as seemed to take forever to finish! The last two rows were quick, but the 5 before that were time consuming,
Ralph, Alli and I went to Aunt Inez's surprise 90th birthday party yesterday. Auntie is doing well - uses a cane now to walk, but still lives alone. (I think Pat goes over a lot to help out) I think Ralph took some pictures of everyone (on his i-phone!), so I will try to get pictures of some of the other guests. I know Fred Metz (and granddaughter and two great-grand sons) came down from Susanville, but Ralph can't tell me how the Jauchs/Blands are related to the Metz's. Bobby and Norma (Ithink that is her name) came in from Round Mountain with Debbie, their daughter. Bobby isn't doing too well. Ralph said he wasn't too sharp mentally, until Fred started telling stories. Then he perked up. His wife said he is physically failing too. She is having to do more and more for him for his daily care. Ray came in from Idaho, too, but I didn't talk to him at all. He did fill in some details about Bruno (the stuffed bear cub I have in the guest house.) Ralph was thrilled, and I found out who I get to give Bruno too! Angela (the girl in the pictures with Alli) wants him. (First I have to get Ralph to let me get rid of it - maybe for a wedding present, if Angela ever gets married?)
Angela played with Alli quite a bit at the party. Like me, she hadn't met most of the older relatives, though she has heard stories about them. Alli was playing peek-a-boo on the couch with her. You can't tell by looking at her, but she is 25 now!

No comments: