Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I finished an angel - and thought the picture tured out "angelic"! Another quiet morning here! My car has to go into the shop today (flush the radiator) so there is no reason to get everyone up early. Once again, AJ is going to Alli's day care, so he will be supervised all day - which is good! He spends the day home alone during the summer, which I don't like (guilt, guilt, guilt) but there aren't a lot of alternatives for him. The neighbor kid has a stay at home mom, and she has no problem with AJ spending time down there, but then I worry about him over-staying his welcome, becoming a bother, etc. (guilt, guilt, guilt! - of course Marjean has absolutely no problem yelling at him or sending him home either, and she would probably call me and tell me if he did something wrong. I know I don't have a problem yelling at her kid, Dallas!)

This is AJ's last week of "summer". He is leaving (I hope) Thursday evening to go camping with Ronna, Joe and Sarah (if they have room in their vehicle), and then Alli and I will go up on Friday. I am also hoping Ronna will bring AJ home on Sunday, but if not, I will go back up and get him on Sunday. Alli and I don't camp, I get too stressed to relax. I'll go up early Friday and spend the day up with everyone and then come home Friday night (if Alli lasts that long). Then next week, he is going to the Boy Scout Camp outside of Chico for 6 days for National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT). I will pick him up from there Saturday night (if he passes the course - if not, I will have to go get him earlier, which had better not happen!) He then starts school on Monday at 7:30! (He also gets his braces off on Monday, so he will be missing part of his first day at school!) Soccer try-outs start Tuesday, with a tournament in Quincy on the weekend, so we will be "back to normal" - busy, busy, busy!

I am going to try to go over for the tournament, and spend the night with Cindy, since she is only about an hour away from Quincy. That will make it a fun weekend for me too! (Otherwise, it isn't real exciting to sit around waiting for your team to play - the coach said they are guaranteed to play 5 games in the 2 days, more if they make the finals. That means for about 16 hours play time (sitting in the sun for the parents), our team gets to play less than 5 hours (more sitting in the sun for the parents), and AJ probably won't make the first string, so he will only play a few minutes each game.) The life of a soccer mom!

No comments: