Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Another couple of projects done! I finished the blanket on Monday, and started the first bootie Monday night. I finished and and the second bootie yesterday. The baby isn't due until August, so I am ahead of the game - what a thought!
Well, I got the carpets cleaned yesterday, and Alli just initiated them. They aren't even completely dry! (They feel dry, but the guy told me to wait 24 hours before moving stuff back in.) It is definitely a good thing she is cute! I hate cleaning the carpets - it takes forever to move everything, and then to clean everything and put it back! It is amazing how much "stuff" we have. Of course, I had all the bedrooms cleaned and the living room and dining room cleaned, so there were more rooms of stuff this time. It was also scary to see how much dirt had gathered in to hard-to-reach (therefore not cleaned) spots. The plant leaves behind my couch were awful! (I knew they were there, and they aren't even hard to reach - I was just ignoring them!) This may be the last time I have these carpets cleaned - they are getting so bad it is time for new carpet. We bought the house 8 years ago and the carpets weren't new then. Between Alli and the animals, there are some major spots and stains that will never come out.

No comments: