Saturday, June 23, 2007

AJ is half-way through his trip. They are at Mesa Verde Park today, and then will move on to Moab, Utah this evening. He hasn't called recently - I assume there is no cell service, but it could be that he is still mad that I made him go on the trip!

Alli already has a new teacher at summer school. We got a call Wednesday from the GREAT Partnership coordinator (GREAT is Gateway, Redding, Enterprise, Anderson, and I don't know the T school districts combined for the special ed program) and were told (on answering machine) that she had a new teacher. I haven't talked to the new one yet. I meant to call from work, but got too busy on Thursday and Friday morning to call. The school office closes at 12:30, so I have to remember to call in the morning, and that is my busiest time at work. I wish they would call me at work when they try to get hold of me! Alli is having a few difficulties this summer that are unusual for her, sort of. She first had issues because her bus is the last one to get to school, so she stood on the sidewalk and watched everyone else get on a bus. That did not go over well. She kept trying to go get on a bus too. By the time her bus came, she was crying (and the bus driver didn't know why, but told the day car provider about it and everyone was upset thinking Alli had problems at school). An aide working with Alli wrote in her book the next day that the problem was because of the buses, and they were not going to take her outside until her bus came, so that should be solved. Then, on Thursday, when the bus driver went to unfasten Alli's seat belt, Alli hit her. Now we have issues with Alli not wanting to get OFF the bus too! I know most of this is because the summer school is completely different from regular school - different kids, different campus, different teacher and aides - and it will get better as the summer goes on, but.....by the time she gets "on schedule" with summer school, it will be over! Poor thing (and poor bus driver, teacher and aides!)

No comments: