Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I finished a couple of pair of baby booties this weekend. I think that is all the crochet that I finished over the weekend. I am about halfway through a doily, and I am reconsidering the baby afghan I have started. The afghan may get ripped out and started again with a faster pattern. I haven't decided yet!
It was a good long weekend. We had company for a BBQ Sunday night, so Saturday was spent cleaning the house and the yard. I got flowers planted in the front flowerbed by the sidewalk, and cleaned out some of the dead stuff in the other flowerbeds in the front yard. Ralph mowed and weed-eated the back, and we had a net up for badminton. With 6 kids here, including Alli, it was a fun time.
Ralph is off tonight with AJ. It is a "Court of Honor" for scouts tonight. That is their awards ceremony that is held every few months. AJ should be getting some merit badges tonight. He has all the requirements in for his Life badge, but didn't get everything in before the Court tonight. He only needs to have a Scout Master Council and a Board of Review (the Board is composed of parents). Once he does these, he will be a Life Scout. The next step is Eagle! (yes, it is a big step, but that is what he has left to do!) He has a minimum of 6 months as a Life Scout before he can obtain his Eagle, but it will more likely be much more than that! He has no idea of what to do for his Eagle Project, as well as all of the other merit badges that he has to get in the meantime. Maybe before he is 16?

No comments: