Friday, April 27, 2007

Ralph (and Alli) survived me gone overnight again. I think it is getting easier for Ralph - he didn't seem a stressed this time when I went to Pleasanton for training (for work) The only problem with Allison this time was at school, and she choked on her lunch and they had to perform the Heimlich on her - scary!

AJ is in 7th heaven right now. We got a Wii this week (new gaming system). He has been beating my socks off in tennis and baseball, but I held my own in bowling - I still lost, but not by much! The Wii uses the controller as a "wand" and you move the controller to make your character move. In tennis, you swing your hand like you have a racket in it, and for bowling, you pretend the wand is the ball - just don't turn it loose! There are all sorts of "reminders" built into the game to make sure you have the safety strap fastened, and I can see how it could slip right out of your hand and into the TV screen! For video systems, this one is pretty fun and interactive. I have to stand up to play even - you can't be a couch potato. It isn't "real" exercise, but it is better than sitting on the couch working your thumbs.

AJ is off tonight for a camping trip with the scouts. I probably won't see him after I drop him off at school today until Sunday. Ralph is taking him in to town to meet up with the scouts at 5:00, and they will go camping from there. Alli has a baseball game this weekend too - only two more left after this. Her season goes really fast! We took pictures at last week's game and they turned out very cute. The photographer managed to catch a smile on her! I love the digital cameras - we can see if we have a good picture of her right away, so we don't have to take 47 to make sure we have one good one.

No comments: