Saturday, April 21, 2007


It's the weekend! Alli has a baseball game today, and pictures after. It hasn't decided if it wants to rain today or not. I kind of hope it is raining, so I don't have to go to the game, but...I signed Alli up because it is good for her, and so I will take her! (I just hope it is raining in Shasta Lake City!) I just checked weather.com, and they are forecasting rain from 7:00 to 9:00, so I may luck out!

I have a kitten in my lap as I type too! Lucy has decided that my lap is the place to be. It makes hard to type, as she drapes herself across my wrist. Today is her first day to go outside. We have had her three weeks, and I planned on letting her out after two weeks, but we had company that weekend, and I didn't want her any more stressed than she was! I posted a couple of pictures AJ took of her. She looks pretty settled in to me! She is getting along with the other animals fine too. Jasper doesn't even phase her anymore, and and she and Henry share the bed pretty well. (They haven't figured out how to share my lap yet, so one waits for the other to leave and then hops up!) I've been doing quite a bit of crocheting lately (while watching the Giants), so there seems to be a lap available fairly often. Now if I could just figure out how to keep the cat hair out of my thread!

This has been a stressful week - I've been fighting headaches all week, and I am shorthanded at work. We have finally started getting busy, but not too bad, but yesterday was the monthly staff meeting, and my department was in charge of providing refreshments. "My Department" ends up being me! It isn't a big deal - just go to Costo and pick up goodies and then Friday morning, set up for the meeting, and then, after the meeting clean everything up. It isn't a big deal - unless you have to do it alone! On Friday, I had one other person working in my department, and she helped set up, but did only exactly what I told her to do - nothing more, and then after the meeting, she "had to get to work!" That left me to clean up. Bummer.

Monday, I am scheduled to only have one person in the department with me as well, and I have a 10:30 meeting and I have to leave work around 2:00 to go to Pleasanton for training. (Add to this, AJ has an orthodontist appointment at 2:45, I have to pick up a rental car, and I am driving car-pool next week. Stressed!) I have delegated - Ralph will take me to work (leaving my car at home) and take AJ to his appointment, if he can find Dr. Shoff's office, the rental place will come pick me up, and I will call the other carpool Mom and see if she can drive for me Monday and Tuesday. Destressed! (Not really, but not as stressed?) I still have to get everything set up for Ralph to handle the one day I am gone (pre-fix meals, make lists, draw up a timetable for Alli, etc.). Sometimes it isn't worth the hassle to be gone, even just overnight!

No comments: