Sunday, April 29, 2007

I finished another doily - this one I evidently can't read the chart on - the "circles" came out too small. I had to wet the doily and pin it out so I could stretch it into shape. Of course, the blocking board I have is too small for the doily, so I pinned most of it, and then ironed out the other points when the main doily dried. That explains the slightly lopsided look! The doily isn't that large - just about 13 inches, I just don't have a big blocking board, I usually just block my snowflakes, and it is plenty large enough for those. I do have my eye on a "doily stretcher" on sale at e-bay - vintage 1950's. We will see what it goes for in a few days. The last one I was watching went for about $27.00, plus about $15.00 shipping. I don't want to pay that much for something I (hopefully) use just once in a while.

Snowflake season has started! I officially made my first snowflake yesterday. Since I made over 80 last year, and ran out, I will need more this year - or cut someone out of my list. If I start now, and make a few at a time, I should be fine! This one is about 6 inches across - larger than most that I make. I only ironed it, not stiffened, so I could take a picture of it. It is easier to store without being stiffened. (I found that out last year!)


No comments: