Sunday, March 11, 2007

This is the doily that my sister wanted - so it has already found a good home. It is done in light blue - hard to tell from the picture! I don't like the one I am working on right now - the middle part is very boring! Once I get past the "filler" it will be fine - I just hate a lot of rows of the the same stitch.
I remembered to change my clocks! Since I did, I got to sleep in to 7:00! It sure didn't feel like sleeping in - but I got some extra sleep anyway. Tomorrow morning is going to be rough - getting everyone up an hour earlier. It is tough enough getting AJ up at his normal time!
AJ had a friend come over yesterday and spend the night. They are working on a science project and a math project together. The project includes building a complex machine (involving two different simple machines) so they were turned over to Dad for this one. They are using pulleys, a ramp, and a lever to lift a wagon that is holding a can of soup. I don't remember 8th grade science being this complicated when I was in 8th grade! Of course, AJ will probably have a better understanding of mechanical engineering than I do too! The math project is simpler, and I can help them with that if they need it, but they seem to be okay with this one.

No comments: