Thursday, January 18, 2007

Well, AJ's basketball team won their first game this week! AJ even got to play for a few minutes, but got pulled out pretty quick. (They were 20 points ahead when he went in, and only 10 points ahead when he came out!) He looked so nervous out there, I think even the coach took pity on him! He went back in the game for the last 90 seconds, and played much better - less nervous, more "in the game" than before. He has a tournament this weekend, so he may get more play time. That will help him a lot, just to get on the court. He told me he likes the practise, but would just as soon not be in the game. I think as he gets more experience, he will be more willing to play in the game. I'm not looking forward to several hours sitting in the bleachers, but...the price you pay I guess!

I haven't done much handwork recently. The doily I am working on needs 8 roses done, and I got lazy about doing them. I have three done completely (ends woven in) and 4 more done, ready to have the ends woven in. Just one more, and then I can get the doily finished! I had decided that I don't like piecing doilies - just let me go round and round! I need to get started on Valentines Day and Easter stuff for co-workers. I found a cute heart bookmark to make for VD, but I haven't really even started looking for Easter yet.

I did get all three scarfs done (almost) for the Red Scarf Project. I need to fringe one, and weave in ends on one, and they are ready to go. I need to get them in the mail this week, so they are actually finished! These were a great project for basketball games. I have one more scarf started in blue for a co-worker to finish up, and with a tournament this weekend, I should get it done! Maybe I'll work on my fox at the games too - it is just round and round for another 50 rows!

No comments: