Saturday, January 13, 2007

It is a three day-weekend this weekend! Time to relax? Maybe! Alli was up this morning at 4:15, and did not go back to sleep. She played quietly (sort of) in her room until about 5:00, and then got up. I got up and chased her down and put her back to bed, where she stayed until about 5:30. We are up! Since I usually get up around 5:15, it is not a problem, but I would have liked to sleep in!

I got a call from Alli's speech therapist yesterday at work. She observed a "possible" seizure while she was in the classroom, and just wanted to let me know. Her son has seizures, so she knows what to look for, and still couldn't tell if it was or not, so I am going to think it wasn't! Alli was sitting in her rocking chair quietly (which makes me think she was sleeping!) and the Therapist called her name to go to work. She said Alli didn't respond, and had a "funny" look. When she called again, she responded and seemed to be just fine. (I will monitor her, and talk to her doctor on the next visit though!) I think it was just Alli's quirky way of waking up - it is like her brain wakes up before her body, so she looks weird for a couple of seconds, and then everything catches up her brain. Her speech therapist was very happy to tell me that Alli was "playing" with her using her PEC's. The Therapist said that using humor with language indicates an understanding of language, so she is going to increase the complexity of her PEC's a little bit. (She was having Alli "ask" for pieces of her cookie for snack using a cookie icon, and Alli would hand her a pretzel icon and giggle and giggle.)

AJ got to play in his first basketball game Thursday night. He did pretty well. He told me he didn't do as well as he wanted to, but the coach told him he liked his defence. Not bad! I don't know that it made up for me sitting on the bleachers for 2 1/2 hours, but AJ was happy, and I finished one Red Scarf, and started another.

I felted my clutch during the week. I just need to get a button for it, and it is done! I will post pictures later (when I have natural light). I also started a new doily and another project for me. The project for me is a fake fox stole. I may never finish it, or even wear it if I do finish it, but it is just adorable! I have the head done, I "just" need to do the body and tail, legs and ears. My hope is to have it done by Christmas next year, to use during the "party" time of year. If I ever make it to Eastern Star, it would go well with a formal too!

No comments: