Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I found a pattern to use to make bookmarks for Valentine's Day for work. The pattern works up quickly - similar to a snowflake, but is different that what I have done before. I have 5 done, and I need at least another 4 - minimum. If I make more, they can find good homes, I am sure!

I started a scarf at AJ's game last night, and finished about half of it. Since he has Scouts tonight, a game on Wednesday, and a Tournament Friday and Saturday, I should finish it, and maybe even something else this week! This scarf is for the sister of one of AJ's team members. The Mom is a substitute teacher, and has worked with Alli many times, and we talk quite a bit at games (basketball, soccer, and baseball). The daughter, Amanda, liked the previous scarf I was working on, and I offered it to her, but the colors weren't really "her" (shades of brown). I had a skein of yarn with me for my next project, and it is purple - much more "her", so it will have a home when it is done. The brown scarf found a home at work yesterday too!

We got Alli's blood draw done yesterday morning - what a breeze! We had less than a 10 minute wait in the lobby, and the techs were very careful to find a good vein and made a good draw first time. We were out in less than 15 minutes! Alli was full of giggles during the wait, and giggles right up until the needle went in. Since I just happened to have some "treats" with me, once the initial shock went away, she was all giggles again. One of the techs' daughter is friends with Alli's daycare provider's daughter, so he recognized her from seeing her at Sandie's house.

No comments: