Saturday, January 06, 2007

Alli's new school visit

I went to Alli's new school yesterday, and what a treat! It is so much larger than the old classroom! They are able to set up work cubicles for each of the kids, an area for group tables, and a "storytime" area. There are lots of cupboards so they can store things "out of sight", too. They also have a second room that they are treating as a therapy room, with all of their therapy balls, bouncing balls, climbing stuff, etc. for the kids out of the regular room. They even have some storage area available to them in the second room (previously stored in a shed not too close to the classroom), and over the summer they are building a playground next to them. (School is switching from Middle School to K-1 Charter school next year) It will definitely be a good switch. Alli was very excited to go into the classroom, but she was ready to go home soon too. Since I picked her up at 1:50 and took her up to the new school, and then took her back to daycare at 3:00, she had a meltdown after I left. "When Mommy picks me up, we are supposed to go home!" Poor Sandy! AJ was spending the day there too, and he helped out with Alli, but she was a real pill! I know better, too! I usually plan for things so I don't pick her up and take her back.

AJ has a birthday party today - he will be 14 on Tuesday, so he is having some boys spend the night tonight. Oh Boy - games and pizza! The boys are all good boys, and they are fun to be around. I just really wish it was a summer party, so I could through them outside! The weather is supposed to be good this weekend though, so they may go outside anyway!

No comments: