Monday, October 02, 2006


Well, I finished Alli's poncho, but now it isn't Alli's poncho! It is a little too big for her, so rather than frog it, I am just going to make another for her, and give this one away to someone. It was very quick to make, and I really like it, it just is a little more "poncho" than Alli needs.

Last weekend I took AJ out to the local Pumpkin Patch with the Boy

Scouts. The scouts work a weekend at the Patch, and get funds donated to them, and this year, the owners of the Patch asked all the groups to come in and put in some "sweat equity". The boy's job was to repaint some signs that the Patch had. They turned out better than I thought they would. I spent 4 hours trying to keep five 10-13 year old boys (armed with paint) from getting too wild. They don't like the Moms to go with the scouts for the most part - because we do try to make them behave. Dads seem to be a little more easy going - boys will be boys type of thing. The other two dads that were there didn't seem to be at all concerned about the boys - paint and all! I'm just glad the signs turned out. They are placed out in the field, so you don't get too close to them (which is a good thing - none of us are artists!) AJ is on the far right in the picture - painting Donald Duck.

No comments: