Monday, October 30, 2006


Halloween is almost here! I am pretty much ready for it - not ever as much as I like though! I made pumpkin jars and filled them with candy for my co-worker's desks. They turned out really cute, and pretty quick to make!

I also made a "BOO" bookmark. I started to make one for my co-workers too, but....just didn't get that far, so AJ gets the one that I finished. Maybe next year!

The bank has a pumpkin decorating contest, and my parents brought me down some gourds that they grew (I have never seen this type before!), so....we have a "snake and mouse" grouping for the contest. They grew the pumpkins too. It may be hard to see the snake part, but it is cute. I will also do a "regular" carved pumpkin for the contest too. The competition gets tough sometimes, as the first prize is a day off with pay! Since the customers get to vote on the best pumpkin, you never know who is going to win. The bank also has a costume contest, and my "group" are dressing as "unsung heroes". I am out of the office that day (training at other office) but my desk will be decorated as a school, with books, an apple, a dunce cap, and a chalkboard. If I remember to get chalk today at lunch, I am planning on writing "out to recess" on the board.

No comments: