Sunday, July 16, 2006

We have AJ back! He was gone for a week, but it seemed longer, probably because he was gone for a week, home for a day & a half, and gone again for a week. We have him home for a week and a few days again, and then he is off to Michigan for a week! That should be the end of his summer travels. This last week was spent up by Crater Lake in Oregon, and the temps were a lot cooler than he expected - not over 70 degrees. He also forgot to pack his long pants, so only had shorts with him. He had the pants out, they just didn't make it into his backpack. (I found them on the floor of his room when I cleaned it!) He said he could deal with shorts and the weather, but they went spelunking, and all he had was shorts on. Poor baby (not!) Maybe one of these days......

Alli was being a pill yesterday! She was acting up for me like she usually does for her dad! I was trying to finish a project, so wasn't paying too much attention to her (she was watching TV). The next think I know, she is outside, playing in the dogs water (standing in the bucket to be more precise) with a carton of yogurt all over her, her shirt, shorts, hair, face, etc., and the refrigerator door wide open. I got yogurt all over me trying to get her out of her clothes and dry enough to come inside and wash her up. I just threw her into the tub - which was no punishment at all for her - maybe even a reward! She was very pleased with herself - fun, food and a bath too! I need to either pay more attention to her or tie a bell on her to I can hear when she is getting into trouble. Added to this little adventure, after I put her in bed last night, she got up and played in the bathroom (I was watching TV and didn't hear her.) I finally heard water running and ran in to check on her, and the bathroom is almost flooded. She had stopped up the sink and was running water into it and then splashing in the water (which was all over the floor, counter top, etc.) No telling how long she had been in there. It took AJ and I three or four towels to clean it up, so she had been having fun for a while! Bless this child! Thank goodness she went to sleep without too many more problems!

No comments: