Sunday, July 30, 2006


A couple of project "off my hook" this weekend! I finished (finally) the Blue Heaven doily for Gathering Threads. I don't think I would do another one by choice, but it is a beautiful pattern. I also didn't have the patience to wait until I had good light to take a picture, so it is a little fuzzy. I also finished the Jar Topper from my Flakey Group, and I know I wouldn't do this one again! I do like the "embellishments" and may make those to go on presents or something, but not the jar topper. Too much work for me! Maybe for a display or something, but not as part of a present. The pattern has several different "toppers" to make, so we will see. First on my Christmas list is about 100 snowflakes!

AJ is in Michigan now - he flew out on Thursday (night at 8:00 pm) They landed in Detroit at 6:00 am and hit the ground running. They went to the Henry Ford Museum and to part of the Ford plant I think and took in a ball game as well. (AAA game I think between two teams I never heard of!) Saturday was one big meeting, according to AJ, talking about what they will be doing this week. The humidity is already getting to him - he is sweating all the time and everything itches! Poor boy! Hopefully he survives this week. (Part of this is his fault - instructions said to bring Gold Bond Powder and I asked him several times if he had everything on the list, and he said he did! Hopefully the NOAC "store" will stock something for him.)

Alli is becoming a pest with the refrigerator. She has started to "graze" out of it when I am not watching her. The other day it was a carton of chocolate yogurt (which looks like something else entirely when spread all over her and her chair, let me tell you!) Yesterday it was a carton of sour cream - not that she likes sour cream even! We will have to come up with a "Allison proof" solution pretty quick or else take everything out of the frig that she can open (and spill!).

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Pretty doily and jar topper! I also like the angel in the previous post ;)