Wednesday, June 21, 2006



Well, I survived my first day at Alli's Bike Camp. She is doing better than I am. She doesn't want to be there, and doesn't want to ride the bike, and "if you want me to do it, Mom, you are going to have to make me." is her philosophy. The bikes are really cool. The back "wheel" is like a rolling pin, which provides stability. There is a handle on the back so the helpers can help control the kids. Our biggest problem is keeping Alli on the bike long enough to ride anywhere. After the first half hour, they put straps on the pedals to keep her feet in once we had them set. Of course, the first thing she did was fall over as soon as they put them on. Good thing she was wearing a helmet (and has a hard head!). I spent most of the hour and 15 minutes standing on my head, keeping her feet on the pedals, or if she actually got going, holding her chin up so she didn't look down at her feet and take her feet off the pedals. Did I mention it is a school gym (un-airconditioned) and it was over 100 yesterday? I went back to work just a little disheveled!

Work decided to have a few disasters while I was gone too. I walked in the door and was immediately bombarded with problems and questions. Not a calm day for me! Maybe today. They changed the time of Alli's Bike Class to 12:30 to 1:45 (from 1:45 to 3:00) so it might be a little cooler. I am also going to try to keep a different expectation level myself, which may keep my stress level down too!

No comments: