Tuesday, June 27, 2006


More pictures from the Bike Camp. Matt and Pablo were great, and Alli is riding the tandem bike they had there. Since we found out she can ride for a relatively long time (20 minutes pedaling herself on Day 4!) we ordered a "tag-a-long" trailer for her through e-bay this weekend. It will attach to my bike, and has two wheels (like the rear of a trike), which will provide stability for me, and weighs a lot less than what I have tried using before! Currently, we have her Specialized Trike set up to be pulled in tandem with me. It weighs close to 60 pounds, and Alli is around 130 pounds. That is a lot of weight for out-of shape me to pedal around. The new trailer weighs 24 pounds, and should have a lot less drag as well. Wish me luck. I don't know when we will be testing it out. I am not riding when it is over 105 degrees! We were at 112 yesterday, so we did cool off from 117, but I still am not riding!

No comments: