Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day! I was good this year, and planned ahead and everything! I am notorious for hand delivering presents (weeks later, when I actually get up to Susanville) rather than plan ahead and mail presents. This year, I did good and got my Dad's present to him on Saturday - just right!

I am now on the last row of the doily, and I may be here a while. I hate the last couple of rows - it takes forever to go around the doily. This last row is all picots and cluster stitches - lots of stitches that don't go anywhere fast.

I would have had more done (really!) but I put some time into the garden yesterday (and it needs a lot more!) and some time in at work and, a little time shopping! AJ is supposed to help me weed today, so hopefully I will finish the garden. Ralph has done some work out there, but I haven't touched it since it was planted. The weeds are taller than the tomatoes. I "found" a cucumber I didn't know was growing even. It was definitely time! I just need to do it in the a.m., since I'm not used to our heat yet (60 degrees last Monday and raining, - and over 90 degrees yesterday) Our high yesterday is low for us, but since we have been so cold this year, I haven't built up my tolerance yet. Since the weather changed so fast, the pool hasn't even warmed up enough for me to use it. The kids will, but I'm a chicken! I sit in the shade and make sure no one drowns.

Next week is another busy one for us. Alli starts summer school, and her bus will be her at 7:00 a.m. to pick her up. She gets out at 12:30, and the bus will take her to her daycare at 12:45. At 1:00, Ralph or I will pick her up and take her to Red Bluff (30+ minutes south) and take her to a "Learn to Bike" class, set up specifically for Mentally and Physically Disabled kids. Her class is from 1:45 to 3:00, and then back she goes to daycare, so Ralph or I can go back to work. Ralph is taking her Monday and Friday, and I have her Tuesday thru Thursday. AJ also starts his summer program - Camp Kickin' It next week. His Camp runs from 7:30 to 5:30. Add to this, Monday night AJ has Order of the Arrow and Tuesday night he has Boy Scouts, and....we have a leaking water tank, and have to schedule the plumber sometime to come and fix it. Somewhere in there, Ralph and I have to put in a good 40+ hours each with our employer, and I would like to get some exercise in, as well as a little craft time. There just aren't enough hours in the day! (though I can cheat on the craft time - I will be waiting for Alli for an hour in Red bluff each day, and waiting for AJ for a couple of hours at scouts - there's my craft time! If I was rally good, I would use some of that time for exercise time, but since I have to go back to work from Alli's class, I think I will stick to crafting. Scout time might work out okay, the school where they meet has a track I can walk on.)

No comments: