Thursday, June 01, 2006



Finished! (well, almost!) Ralph put my eyelets in for me, so it is done, except I want to add a pocket or two to the inside. I have to crochet those and felt them, and then sew them in, but for now, it is finished!

Before felting, it was 7 X 15 X 17, and after felting, it is 6 X 11 X 12. Now my "knitting bag" is handcrafted too! I also finished one side of AJ's "J" pillow, and have started on the second side, so that should get (hopefully) put together this weekend.

I found a new doily book last weekend (with 40% off coupon!) so my next project may be a new doily. Decisions, decisions! I still have Alli's afghan 1/3 (or really only 1/4) done, and bookmarks to be finished, and those are only the things I can think of off of the top of my head. I know I have a lot more projects either started or ready to start. I keep collecting patterns, but never get around to making everything!

The kids have one more half week of school after this week. Both get out of school next Wednesday. Alli has summer school that starts mid June, and AJ has day-camp and Lifesaving classes that start about the same time. We had Alli's annual meeting (IEP) at the school this week, and it looks like she will be changing schools next year, and will be going to Turtle Bay School, which is in town. She will have the same teacher she had for K-2. I really think her current teacher has been good for her, but she is not going to be teaching autistic kids next year (not her choice - rearrangement of school districts/special needs districts, and she is now going to have mentally disturbed children.)

No comments: