Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Swimming


Now I know Spring / Summer is here. Alli was very restless last Saturday (read that as cranky) and to cheer her up, we went outside in to beautiful weather. She immediately went to the pool gate, as if she wanted to go swimming. I think to myself - why not, the water is still so cold she will just get her feet wet, and then lie by the pool for a while, and if it makes happy, why not? The water didn't seem to be as cold to her as it was to me. Since I didn't expect he to actually get in the water, I didn't change her into her swimmies. She plunged in fully clothed, diaper and all. That will teach me! She didn't do a lot of swimming, just enough to get soaked.

Sunday though, was a different matter. I actually put her in her swim suit, and she and AJ swan for a half hour. Then AJ got cold and got out. Alli stayed in for another 20 minutes or so. Anytime I start think she doesn't listen to me, she surprises me. When I had had enough sun (and figured she had too) I told her it was time to get out of the pool. The little imp immediately swan to the far end of the pool and treaded water for awhile. It took me three time telling her to get out of the water before she reluctantly swam to the shallow end. Trust me, I was not going in to get her!

No comments: