Saturday, May 27, 2006



I 'm almost done! (At least with the crochet part!) I am making the "Well Traveled Bag" found at: http://wildyarn.blogspot.com/2005/10/well-traveled-bag.html. This is a first for me - felting! I have shrunk things on accident in the washer / dryer, but never on purpose. I have two more rounds of the blue to do, and then it is ready to felt. I also need to find something to block it on so it actually looks like it is supposed to when it is done! (I also need to figure out what to use as handles/straps, but one problem at a time!) It went together a lot faster than I thought it would. I finished my shawl last week (do I have pictures - no! I was so excited I took it to work to show off, and there it stayed. Next week, maybe!) I started this bag on Sunday night, and if I could have stayed awake a few more minutes last night, it would be done.

This last week was crazy. Probably why the bag went so fast is because I was out every night, and usually waiting for AJ at some function. (Bowling Monday for Order of the Arrow, Scouts Tuesday, orthodontist appointment on Tuesday, Spring Concert for school Wednesday, Baseball Awards night on Thursday). Since it is usually at least 30 miles round trip from anywhere, if AJ has to be somewhere early (like the concert) I just stay when I drop him off, rather than drive home and back a few minutes later. I got a lot done just waiting this week. I had quite a few people stop by and talk about my project at the bowling alley. While waiting at the concert, a couple of people stopped by, and one was wishing she had brought her project too, since we had an hour to kill!

Today is another busy day, but a fun one. We have a BBQ planned for this afternoon / evening, and I need to get potatoes cooking for potato salad, get the shopping done, and the cleaning done. If I have time, the back yard could use a little sprucing up too. I was hoping to have a pool party, but since we have been running a high of 65-70 this week, I don't know if anyone is going to want to swim, except the kids. They don't care about the water temp!

No comments: