Monday, May 29, 2006


Almost done! I felted the bag yesterday. The picture on top is of how it looks this morning, and the picture below is how it looked while drying! Next is handles! I think I am also going to put a pocket in it, which mean I need to crochet the pocket and then felt it too! I have coupons for both Michaels and Joannes today, and plan a trip in to see what I can find!

So far, it has been a great weekend. It was a little cold, but sunny on Saturday morning, with clouds in the afternoon. We had a BBQ Saturday, and the kids went swimming, so it wasn't too cold for them at least. (Rule number one at my house - no drowning - I don't want to have to go in and get you! This rule is very important when the water is still cold!) We had fun at the BBQ. Over the years, everyone has kind of drifted away. At one time, all three families worked at the same place. Now one has moved to Paradise and one works for AAA, so we don't see them as much. It was a fun time.

Ralph got a canoe carrier for his truck last week, so I think he and AJ are going to go canoeing today. We borrowed the canoe from my sister to see if we like it. If we (read that Ralph and AJ) enjoy going out, I see a canoe in our future. I'm not holding my breath, but we will see. Neither Ralph nor AJ we real excited to go out yesterday, and Ralph mentioned that the three day weekend might not be the best time to go up to the lake, so we will see if they actually ever get it in the water. (Getting into it while staying dry is entirely different!).

I also started AJ's "J" Pillow yesterday. I didn't get very far with it, but it is started!

No comments: