Thursday, April 27, 2006

Well, vacation is over, and I still haven't caught up! I spent the weekend in San Antonio, Texas (for business) and I am really behind. The good news is that the week is almost over, and I may get caught up over the weekend.

Texas was a lot of fun. Busy, but fun. The weather was cooler than expected - only in the 80's - so even with the humidity, it wasn't too bad. The conference was great, and I am looking forward to putting some of the things I saw and learned into practice.

Before I left for San Antonio, I asked AJ what he wanted me to bring him back. His reply - "a monkey". When I explained that I was thinking more of a T Shirt or candy or book, he still wanted a monkey. When I explained that Texas wasn't exactly known for their monkeys, he decided - he still wanted a monkey. I looked at LAX - no monkey. I looked at the hotel/resort - no monkey. I explained my problem to the resort staff - still no monkey. I did get a very cute armadillo (actually - two of them, one was for Alli). On the way back home, I looked at the San Antonio Airport - a MONKEY! Now AJ had both an armadillo, and a monkey. (And no where to easily stuff both a monkey and an armadillo. Luckily, my co-worker still had room in her luggage for me to stuff the armadillo!) Once we got home, the monkey was an instant success, and the armadillo is now an armo-piggy. (He is still pretty cute! He is sitting by the computer as I type.)

I didn't have a lot of time to do too much of my handwork. They kept us pretty busy with classes, and wining and dining us. (Not to mention lying by the pool, with the Cabana Boy stopping by frequently to see if there was anything else we needed to be completely happy. I could get used to that!) I did get about half of my pillow done on the plane. (Pictures should go up tomorrow.)

No comments: