Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Spring is here, at least for a couple of days! I think the temp got up to the mid 70's today, and no clouds and best of all - no rain! With the last storm dropping so much snow, the mountains surrounding us are beautiful! I am just glad I didn't have drive in them during the storm. I was planning to go up to Susanville for Easter, but changed my plans when chains were required to get there! The kids don't have much fun trying to find the Easter Eggs in the snow anyway (unless we don't dye the eggs first!). There's not much challenge to finding dyed eggs in the snow.

AJ had his first baseball game today - unscheduled! His school schedule was for 11 games for the season, and the first 5 were rained out. So far as I knew, his first game was tomorrow. He called his Dad today (from school) and said they added a game in this afternoon. His team lost, but AJ got to play 4 of the 6 innings at first base, and managed to make the first out of the game by fielding a groundball. I wish I had known he was playing, but I don't know that I could have taken the time off anyway. I am still trying to catch up from vacation last week, and I took yesterday off to take Alli to Sacramento for a Doctor's appointment. I think I need to put in a little bit of work, once in a while! They may not miss me if I am gone for a while, but everyday? They might notice!

I am off again next week too. I am going to Texas for a Conference put on by one of the computer systems we use. It should be a fun trip, the other person from the Bank that I am traveling with is fun, and there is usually a lot of information at this conference. We leave Saturday morning from Redding at 7:00 am, and get back Tuesday night at 11:00 pm. If I am not careful, the bank may get used to me being gone and decide they don't need me!

No comments: