Sunday, April 16, 2006

I'm back from vacation - not that I really went anywhere. The kids were out of school for Spring Break, and a friend visited for a few days, and somehow the week just flew by. I didn't really have a list of things I wanted to do while on vacation, which was a good thing. The most strenuous thing I did was drive - and I like driving!

When I first decided to take vacation at Spring Break with the kids, I had visions of picnics in the park and walks on the River Trail. Instead, it rained. And rained, and rained. It is still raining. We did have one good day, and one sort of good day, but they came after my company went home. We even had to drive through snow on our visit to Susanville. Not what I had in mind for "Spring Break". I guess it was a change for my guest, as she lives in Texas now, and they have already jumped to summer. I promised to send some postcard of Mt. Lassen and Mt. Shasta so she can refresh her memory of what they look like.

I did finish the Easter Projects I had started, cross bookmarks and crocheted egg covers over plastic Easter eggs. I played Easter Bunny and delivered baskets to the Bank. Last night of course, I set up baskets for the kids. AJ isn't up yet, and Alli hasn't noticed them yet. She probably won't until AJ gets up and gets into his. Once she finds out there is candy inside the plastic eggs, she will pay attention!

I started a couple of new projects (I know, I know - I haven't finished all my other project yet!). One is the Seraphina Shawl, done in Simply Soft black. It is turning out very nice, even though I had to frog 6 rows (frog is "rip it, rip it"). I am almost back to where I was before frogging. I also started a pillow cover to go with my new furniture (coming next week!). This is a simple project, so I can work on it at meetings, etc. I found out that I have to concentrate on the shawl more than I thought (that would explain the frogging!) so I don't think I will take it with me when I can't concentrate solely on it. Hopefully, I won't have to frog anymore!

No comments: