Sunday, March 26, 2006

Well, its a quiet Sunday morning, and I am just catching up with myself for the next week. Sunday is usually my "look ahead" day, as Saturday is usually my "catch-up" day. On Sunday, the house is still relatively clean from Saturday, everyone tends to sleep in (except Alli today! She fell asleep on the couch right after dinner last night at 7:30, so was wide awake at 5:30 this morning!) and it is usually quiet here. Today is supposed to be a sunny day, so I hope to get a chance to enjoy it!

Looking ahead to next week - a quiet week too! I have only one evening with a commitment - Tuesday for Boy Scouts - and that usually means I get to crochet during the boys meeting. I am about 1/3 of the way done with the baby blanket I have started, so I should get more completed on Tuesday! I am only busy at Scouts if someone needs to turn in a receipt or has questions about the Troop's account. I - so far - only have one daytime commitment too. I have lunch scheduled with the Pastor of the church I have been going to recently. I have tentative lunch plans with other people, but they probably won't pan out. Not bad - especially compared to last week. I had something going on every night last week, and several things during the day as well! It was definitely a stresser week last week!

Alli's first baseball game was scheduled for Saturday, but the field was still too wet and was cancelled. Considering we are more than 9 inches ahead of average rainfall for the year, and it is still raining, we may never get baseball going. She now has her first game scheduled for April 8th. I did get a chance to talk to the coach, but I still am concerned with Alli playing baseball. Ralph, AJ and I have been working with her a little bit to get her to catch a ball (no coordination there!) hit a ball (no coordination there either!) and throw the ball. Throwing has never been an issue for her except for learning to NOT throw. She has pretty good aim and has a lot of strength, and a temper - not good to put together. She is also hard to get started running, so I am not sure how baseball is going to work, but we will try. She constantly amazes me doing things that I didn't think she was capable of or had an interest in. Lesson for the day - never underestimate Allison!

No comments: